Research Clinician needed @ IWK Health Centre – Chez NICU Home project
Now accepting internal and external applications for a Research Clinician!
The IWK is conducting a large-scale research project on the development and evaluation of an integrated e-learning and communication system to provide parent learning and enhance social support in the neonatal intensive care unit.
Reporting to the Scientific Director, we are seeking a dynamic Research Clinician to join our team. The Research Clinician will provide both technical and clinical neonatal expertise, as well as assist in the planning and management of key meetings. They will work closely with project team and will act as the liaison between the NICU clinical staff and the Chez NICU Home research team. They will be responsible for review and evaluation of current educational components and development of interactive modules for future educational content. The successful applicant will provide leadership regarding the review and evaluation of current evidence based nursing practice, which may be modified and incorporated into the Chez NICU platform, as well as identify gaps in areas requiring future study.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain awareness of new and emerging neonatal care practices and technologies
- Assist with content development of eHealth educational modules
- Assist with preparation of reports and ensures project documents are complete
- Assist with scientific and technical protocols and other documents
- Assist research staff in the development, data acquisition, and analysis of grant funded study protocols
- Other duties as required.
- Demonstrated experience in web based research, literature reviews
- Undergraduate degree in Health Professions and/or Information Technology, or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience
- Experience in neonatal critical care
- Bilingual an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Past experience in a research environment an asset
- Strong/effective interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Strong report writing skills
- Ability to work well independently, as well as within a multidisciplinary team environment
- Strong critical thinking skills and sound judgment in decision making
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems
- Ensures confidentiality and works in an ethical manner
- Ability to work with limited direct supervision
- Ability to deal with a wide variety of people and personalities in a professional manner
- Ability to recognize sensitive issues and respond appropriately
- Pursues self-directed educational opportunities in order to maintain competence
Please Note: If you are an employee of the IWK Health Centre, please apply through the internal careers page to ensure you are flagged as an internal applicant. Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM on the Closing Date
Closing Date: June 3, 2017
Applicants must apply online! https://jobs.nshealth.ca/job/Halifax-Research-Clinician%2C-Chez-NICU-Nova-B3K-6R8/354528717/?locale=en_US