There are three committees operating within the CCHCSP Governance structure, all reporting to the Executive Committee via the Principle Investigator: the Selection Committee, the Core Curriculum Committee, and the Evaluation Committee. The Knowledge Translation Expert Panel, also reports to the Executive Commitee through the Principal Investigator.
Selecting potential clinician scientists for the future of child health research in Canada is an extremely important task in which members of the Selection Committee play a crucial role. The Selection Committee is comprised of a broad perspective of disciplines as well as broad geographic representation. Committee members are:
- Dr. Thierry Lacaze, Chair, University of Ottawa
- Dr. Brendan Andrade, University of Toronto/CAMH
- Dr. Todd Alexander, University of Alberta
- Dr. Shannon Scott, University of Alberta
- Dr. Anne Monique Nuyt, University of Montreal
- Dr. Robert Jankov, University of Toronto
- Dr. Virginia Wright, University of Toronto
- Dr. Nicola Jones, PI, CCHCSP, University of Toronto
- Dr. John Barnard, Chair in Paediatric Research/President of Research Institute, Nationwide Children’s Hospital
- Mrs. Linda Pires, Operations Manager, CCHCSP, Ex-Officio
Core Curriculum Committee
The Core Curriculum Committee develops all curriculum modules and case studies. There are nine module developers. Each module developer works with a team to produce the best possible module and case studies in child and youth health in their field of expertise. This Committee is also responsible for the ongoing development of the recently added Team Research Learning Program (TRLP). Committee members are:
- Dr. Evelyn Constantin, Director Curriculum, McGill University
- Dr. Melanie Couture, Sherbrooke
- Dr. Catharine Walsh, University of Toronto
- Dr. Eric Benchimol, University of Ottawa
The Evaluation Committee looks at ongoing program evaluation. Comprised of experts, this committee has contracted the services of professional evaluators to develop real-time evaluation tools.
Early in the life of CCHCSP a complete evaluation of the core curriculum was conducted by then Committee Member Dr. Karen Mann, a professional Educator from Dalhousie University, together with Dr. Robert Luke, University of Toronto. Recommendations were made and changes incorporated, based on the results. Committee members are:
Knowledge Translation Expert Panel (KT)
There are two broad components to the CCHCSP KT component. The first is the provision of one-to-one mentoring by KT experts to trainees. The second is the provision of a KT workshop in parallel with the CCHCSP annual symposium for trainees and their scientific mentors. The CCHCSP KT component is lead by Dr. Norm Rosenblum working with the KT Expert Panel, the project Coordinator and the Program Manager of the CCHCSP.
Through the CCHCSP KT component, trainees will acquire the skills and knowledge required to develop and implement a KT plan.
The particular objectives for this project are:
- To increase the skills and knowledge of trainees on KT conceptual frameworks, methods, and evaluation;
- To foster the development of KT plans for trainee funded research projects;
- To foster the implementation and evaluation of KT plans for trainee funded research projects.
Committee members are: