CCHCSP National Webinar
Diversity & Inclusion of Child Health Researchers:
Are we doing enough?
Synopsis: On October 25th, 2017 from 2-4pm EST, Dr. Lisa Robinson will be hosting a compelling discussion on diversity and equity among child health researchers. Dr Robinson is known to our community as the SickKids Division Head in Nephrology, Senior Scientist in Cell Biology and the Canada Research Chair in Leukocyte Migration in Inflammation & Injury. But to today she joins us as Chief Diversity Officer in the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Toronto. She will share with us her experiences, the current trends in diversity and equity among child health researchers, and the benefits of inclusivity with a focus on approaches to creating such teams. This is a critical issue that requires all our attention and support. Join us in recognizing diversity and equity as a key strategy to our future success.
- Discuss the benefits of diversity for child health researchers
- Review the current landscape
- Discuss the creation of diverse and inclusive child health research teams
- Review “Installing the Skype for Business Web App” instructions 1 week or 30 minutes before the webinar.
- Click on this meeting link to join: https://meet.sickkids.ca/linda.pires/Z69WWVY3?sl=1
- If you don’t have built in Skype for business audio (speakers only), dial in at +1 (647) 317-3399 Conf # 364516 (non-reimbursable long distance charges may apply). There are limited phone connections.
- Once you are in the meeting review the attached “SfB CCHCSP Webinar Participation Instructions”. Use the Q&A app to ask questions.
- After the symposium give us your feedback by completing a short evaluation survey: https://surveys.sickkids.ca/surveys/?s=NAC4448347